Makeup Artist. Fabricator. Art Director
With roots from Costa Rica, I was raised in Miami, and moved to Brooklyn, NY to pursue a BFA in Film at Pratt Institute. After exploring various art mediums, I continued my education with a SFX degree at the Tom Savini Special Makeup Effects Program.
Along with freelance fabrication and makeup effects for music videos, films and commercials; I continue to paint, draw, sculpt and design.
I refine my personal style in various mixed mediums through the exploration of the natural world, societies and cultures. The idea of ritual and worship drives much of my aesthetic as well as allows me to feel more connected with my roots.
October 2015 - Metallica's Kirk Von Hammett interviews band Ghost B.C.
- Turned Kirk Hammett into a ghoul for his show
November 2014 - Aj Briones "The Smiling Man, Los Angeles, CA
- Selected for SXSW 2016
- Winner of Best Makeup for 2015 Hollyshorts in Hollywood, CA
- Key SFX makeup/Art Production
Lead Fabrication 2014 - Stage II Design and Production, San Francisco
- 2014 Outsidelands Vendor booths
- Band: Testament Stone Demons for stage
- Pixar's Monster's University Promotional product display
Fabrication 2012-13 - WildChild World, Miami
- Fabricated helmets, costumes, props; Sculpted and molded prosthetics.